Longview News Journal, Lauren Liebhaber, Updated
Consumers have come to expect perks like free or fast shipping—both, ideally. Without the guarantee of either, people are unlikely to complete a purchase. And with free shipping came the advent of free returns, and then refunds without returns.
- Amazon Prime brings unlimited free shipping to the masses
- People quickly decide free shipping is the only way
- Free shipping can make consumers act irrationally
- Free Shipping Day begins in 2008
- With free shipping comes free returns
- Free shipping can be damaging to small businesses
- It can be damaging to the environment as well
- Shipping might still be free, but it’s getting more expensive for retailers
Access the full article by clicking here.