Fast Company, 2/2/22, BY DYLAN TAYLOR 4 MINUTE READ
In the emerging private space sector, the adoption of the circular economy shows promise for all industries.
- Closed-Loop Systems in Space Support Sustainability
- The 5R-compliant system converts wastes from plants and ISS crew members to resources like water, oxygen, and nitrates to fertilize more plants aboard the space station.
- Space CE Comes to Earth
- MELiSSA’s capability to 100% reuse resources in space has found its way into Earth-based applications and can assist industry players in addressing SDG goals while transitioning into a more sustainable world.
- An Integrated Circular Economy Framework
- Now that upstream and downstream space agencies have united toward new operating models, the increasing overlap of value chains can translate into these other industries.
For access to the full article click here.